Old August 18th 03, 03:03 AM
Gary

Smokey Stover wrote:

It's funny all right, but wonder if it's a hoax. My searches for a town
called Qoochi turned up nothing except a bunch of newspapers that picked
up the story, even one in Japan!

Fact or fiction, it's a hoot.

The song itself may not refer specifically to any one place, but it's a fairly well
known fact that *some* Asians eat cats and dogs.

I once worked in a small coastal town in Louisiana. The work I did involved a driver,
so we had a full week together. In this time, he related to me how the arrival of the
Vietnamese, within a year, caused them to have to close down their little animal
control department. The Vietnamese, it seems, had eaten every stray cat and dog they
could find, and within a year, there were none for the dog catcher to catch.

Gary