Old March 4th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
blkcatgal

Default How old can a cat get?

Wow! That's pretty old. But today, cats are living much longer due to
better foods, better medical treatments, etc. I think the oldest cat on
record lived to be 33. Congrats on having 2 fairly healthy geriatrics!

S.

"Mandylifeboats" wrote in message
I was last on this group about 10 years ago when people were very helpful
and comforting when my old cat Cees died. Now I have an even older cat -
Lupi is 24! She's stone deaf, sees badly, has few teeth left, but is
otherwise lithe and fit and has a rich glossy (tabby) coat. She prowls
round the garden, jumps up on the mantelpiece (unfortunately!) and seems to
enjoying life in her quiet elderly way. At rest she seeks a warm flank to
cuddle up to of either her half-brother Wolfgang (22) or of one of the
other 2 cats.
Nice to beback in this group!
MLB