Old December 8th 03, 07:56 AM
-L.

Ablang wrote in message ...
Every time I visit my local shelter, the purebred I see the most by
far is the Siamese cat. I have my suspicions as to why they seem to be
available in abundance. I read they have a reputation for mischief and
trouble. So a lot of them must be getting turned in because they knock
things over, or are incorrigible.

IME, usually, it is for medical problems, because they are "too vocal"
or seen as "aggressive". Siamese are prone to 19 different genetic
diseases. They are probably the most ill-bred breed available.

Is there anyone here who can attest for or against the Siamese cat?
Surely not all of them are bad or have bad thoughts like the one depicted
in the "Get Fuzzy" comic strips.

I think Siamese are awsome cats, but again, the breed has become
ill-bred. They also take a certain kind of person to understand their
quirks. We see a lot of them in the shelters, but I think I,
personally, have experienced more surrendered Persians than Siamese.
Most of those are surrendered for behavioral issues, mainly secondary
to declawing.

-L.