Old November 9th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
[email protected]

Default Cat left in house after tenant eviction

On Nov 5, 4:29 pm, "Mickie Swall" wrote:
I'm trying to find out if there are any laws regarding abandonment of a
cat by tenants that were evicted from the house. I called the Humane
Society, as well as about 10 different rescue places, all with excuses
that they don't want or can't take cats. Aren't there laws to fine the
people who abandon animals? I hear from time to time about people
leaving dogs in homes with no food or water, and they alway want to
find the people who left them there. Why not cats? I live in Western
Pennsylvania, and would appreciate knowing who to call and what to do.
Thank you!
Mickie

Hi. I am a detective in Georgia (Perry Police Dept.) and I have
worked numerous animal cruelty/abandonment cases. Check your state
and local laws concerning these issues. I am certain there is an
abandonment law in your jurisdiction. Call the police department and
get your answers.