Old December 30th 11, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Do cats eat more in winter?

"J J Levin" wrote in message
Our two cats, Agatha and Edgar, seem to have bigger appetites now that the
weather is colder. Either I am giving them better food (I have not changed
their menu much) or they need more food because it's winter.

They share a small can of moist food morning and evening, and have kibble
available all day. But now he (more than she) is begging for more treats
after breakfast and after dinner. And he used to be sort of picky and pick
and choose which treats he ate, now he wolfs them all down.

Is this common?

Thanks,

Jay

Yes they do natural instinct to store fat for the winter

I love when it gets cooler here in Florida Rumble becomes a love machine