Old February 22nd 04, 11:07 AM
badwilson

wrote in message
news
badwilson wrote:

Last night, I was lying on the couch watching TV. Vino was really
agitated, he kept meowing, jumping up and standing on my chest (Ouch,
boobs! Why are cats' feet so pointy?) He'd give me one headbutt
and then just stand on my chest like he'd conquered me and look about.
After a little while he would jump off and sit on the chair next to
the couch. After a few minutes, the cycle would repeat.

He misses his daddy!

Yes, Dennis usually scraps with him for a bit right before bed to make sure
he's good'n tired. He doesn't go for it if I try to scrap with him though.
Just gives me this "I know you're a woman and therefore you can't scrap like
a man" look. He's such a chauvenist!

Suddenly, there was Vino on top of the covers, chasing something!
Eeeeeep, cockroaches! I flew out of bed and turned on the light.
Oh, it was just a furry mousie.

Whew! That would've been gross. Does that ever happen?? (That you get
roaches in your bed? Ewww!)

Well it only happens when Vino brings the cockroaches into the bed. Never
do they get there on their own. I mean it doesn't happen all that often,
maybe twice a year do I see a roach in the house, but if there is one, Vino
is sure to bring it to bed for me! I'm getting much better about dealing
with it. I only jump up about 3 feet now instead of hitting the ceiling
like I did in the beginning. And after the roach is disposed of, I can go
back to sleep normally instead of wrapping myself in the sheet like a mummy!

Anyway, my heart was still pounding from the cockroach scare that
I happily stayed up and chucked the mouse across the room for him
for 20 minutes. Then we were both exhausted and had a good sleep.

Awwww. Does he bring it back for you to throw it again?

Yup, he fetches it back. Well, most of the way. He has an aggravating
habit of dropping it just beyond my reach so that I cannot stay in a
comfortable position while playing with him. Maybe he's just looking out
for my daily exercise?
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at: