Old February 22nd 04, 11:46 AM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"badwilson" wrote:

Last night, I was lying on the couch watching TV. Vino was really agitated,
he kept meowing, jumping up and standing on my chest (Ouch, boobs! Why are
cats' feet so pointy?) He'd give me one headbutt and then just stand on my
chest like he'd conquered me and look about. After a little while he would
jump off and sit on the chair next to the couch. After a few minutes, the
cycle would repeat.
Finally, I decided to go to bed. Took Vino upstairs with me as usual and we
cuddled for a bit. I turned off the light and started to doze off.
Suddenly, there was Vino on top of the covers, chasing something! Eeeeeep,
cockroaches! I flew out of bed and turned on the light. Oh, it was just a
furry mousie. The little bugger must have gone downstairs, picked up a
mousie from his scratching post (that's where we keep them), brought it all
the way across the living room, down the hall, up the stairs into the
bedroom. Just to get me to play with him. Guess I'm a bit slow on the
uptake sometimes!
Anyway, my heart was still pounding from the cockroach scare that I happily
stayed up and chucked the mouse across the room for him for 20 minutes.
Then we were both exhausted and had a good sleep.

Well, some owners are just harder to train than others.

--
;^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~