Old January 8th 05, 01:23 AM
Mike Z. Helm

On 3 Jan 2005 05:55:49 -0800, "ken"

Does anyone have esperience with a sensor-device called STAY AWAY? If a
cat jumps on a table or counter, the sensor sets off a noise and a
blast of air?
Does it work and if so, where can you buy it?

Someone sent me a link for a "scat mat" (not that kind of scat). It's a
pad that gives a slight shock (it used a 9-volt battery and had 3
settings).

I didn't really think it was practical.

My kitten finally reached the kitchen counter a couple of weeks ago. I
hit her with a blast from a spray bottle, but so far she's only learning
to jump down as soon as I see her up there.

In fact, I just had to interrupt this post because I heard her in there.
She doesn't seem to realize that until she behaves herself, she's not
going to have free run of the house while I'm gone.

I'm being a real hard-ass about it because my few surviving house plants
are huddled in one corner of the kitchen counter nursing themselves back
to health.

I've fortified their position with a ring of empty beer bottles.

Maybe if I just covered the counters with dish soap before I left that
would deter her.

Thanks

Ken