Old February 22nd 05, 08:29 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2005-02-22, Meghan Noecker penned:

For example, two of my co-workers are a mother and son. They had a
female cat, and they felt they could not afford to get her fixed.
So, she had 4 litters of 4 kittens each, all in less than 2 years.
So, we finally convinced her to get the cat fixed.

Isn't caring for a cat through four litters more expensive than
spaying her in the first place?

They haven't gotten another cat yet, but I know they will. And I
don't know how to convince him that the cat should be spayed and
kept indoors. He thinks that both are wrong, yet letting a young cat
breed 4 times in 2 years is extremely abusive in my opinion (as well
as irresponsible), and letting them outside is playing roulette with
your cat's life.

This is sad. I had a friend who debated spaying his cat because he
felt that would be interfering with nature, and that nature is cruel
and capricious. I think I finally got through to him when I said,
look, if the cat is allowed in the house but the kittens aren't
(another bizarre stance of his), then the cat won't be able to fully
care for the kittens, so you *are* interfering with nature anyway.
You should spay your cat so that she won't be put in a position where
she can't care for her kittens.

I don't know what I could have said if he'd had a boy cat.

Sorry - but I would NOT went to his house after the cat started spraying,
and told him WHY - un-neutered male-cat pee STANKS.

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too) email me at