Old December 28th 03, 12:51 PM
Liz

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I sent this today, will keep you advised of what their answer is.

Due to the current Mad Cow problems in the United States, I am very
concerned about feeding my cat any cat food with beef or beef by-products in
it.

Can you please advise with verities of Friskies cat foods contain beef by
products and which do not.

The only things I know about mad cow disease is what I saw on TV and
if I remember correctly, livestock acquires the disease through the
addition of bones (for calcium) to their commercial food. Therefore,
you might also want to ask about foods containing beef bone, bone
meal, or bone powder. If I also remember correctly, mad cow disease is
caused by a protein and processing does not destroy this protein.