Old December 21st 04, 08:49 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-21, Slimpickins penned:

I really wonder why Siamese and Himalayan's are NOT bred? To me, this is a
no brainer. Blue was such a sweet cat and so beautiful ( he was apricot
flame point), inside and out. He neeever had any behaval problems / issues.
Would come if I whistled, was extremely obedient and loyal. Extremly docile
and gentle. Good God, I can't even begin to name all the excellent charator
traits that he had.

Needlesstosay, I would get another fifty-fifty-(Siamese and Himalayan breed
of cat) in a heart-beat if* I knew where they were available, And if I knew
about the parent/cats' personality.

Honestly, IMO, this 'mix' should* be a *new* breed, no doubt in my mind.
And I can't believe that if, and since, the 'Persian' breed is so readily
available ( and I personally would NOT want a Persian), then why* in the
world isn't the Siamese and Himalayan 'Mixed blend' available??! Comments
and suggestions are welcome.

I'm sure that your Blue was all these things and more, but he's one data
point. Even if you did get another siamese/himalayan, there's no guarantee
the cat would have all of the traits you loved about Blue. It wouldn't be
fair to the new cat, either, to expect it to behave a certain way just because
another cat did. Half the fun of a pet or child is watching them develop
their own unique personalities!

Congrats on Dove!

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!