Old December 30th 05, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

"Don & Lisa" wrote in message
t...
I live in north Texas, and I work with several people from a couple of fire
areas, I won't find out until Tues. how they are doing. I saw the smoke
from one before I found out about all of them. I live in the country and we
have cracks in the ground you could fall in. Who would be stupid enough to
burn in 25 mile an hour winds even if the burn ban wasn't on????

Head butt to you and yours, Lisa.

Just like I've learned not to ask "How can it get any worse?", I've also
learned not to ask, "How stupid can some people be?", because you *will* be
shown! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Some of you may have heard that we're having problems with brush fires
here in Texas. The governor has likened the state to a "tinder box"
because it has been so dry for so long. They speculate that the cause of
the brush fires are people ignoring the burn ban.

Because of this aerial fireworks have been banned in Harris county
(Houston and surrounding areas), and all adjacent counties. I'm *REALLY*
hoping that people obey this ban, but just in case we're going to soak
our roof down with a hose tomorrow night. [I've never liked the simple
"bang" type firecrackers (Black Cats and Cherry Bombs), although I like
to watch a choreographed fireworks display.]

The girls are also hoping that they won't have to be disturbed by all
that whistling and banging outside their house.

Hugs,

CatNipped