Old August 26th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default We finally have a sofa!

On 2006-08-26 09:45:27 -0500, said:

Mischief wrote:
excellent to hear Pat.

I'm looking for a new sofa too. The current sofa belonged to my
roomie's family and is well over 30 years old. It's made out of
egyptian cotton and after 3 years of cats, one armrest and two corners
are looking a little shredded. There's a front section on wheels that
can be rolled out as a footstool. It's uncomfortable and the whole
thing isn't fun to sit or sleep on. The roomie's family said I could
keep it since the roomie is moving to a place where she doesn't need
the couch anymore.

But I don't want it. I want a soft, long sofa I can streeeeeeeeetch
out onto.

I remember walking into Wickes furniture and told the sales guy. "I'm
a student, so I need a low price, and I have cats, so leather and
expensive fabric is OUT"

Found a nice secondhand one online, but of course I need to wait until
the roomie is out and the apartment is clean, and moreover, I need to
wait until i have the cash for something like that.

Hope your cats like the couch.

take care,

Kristi

Have you been couch-shopping lately? My daughter got a new one
recently. /They're all so huge. My feet don't touch the floor sitting
on hers. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. There are some great buys out
there on nice used furniture. I think you're wise to find one that
way.
Sherry

I know!! All furniture is HUGE! Like everyone lives in a gigantic house or
soemthing.

Pat, congratulations on the sofa. We had a sofa we bought at auction in
Alaska for years and years. Loved it. Especially as the alternative was
the military issue one the Air Force was loaning us for the tour. Hope the
masters appreciate it. And allow you to use it on occasion

Go to IKEA for not huge furniture. They have the mini furniture market
covered. I love their showroom version of a 550 sq ft fully furnished
apartment.

I'd love to get a new sofa. Ours is too low for me to stand up from easily.
Old knees and old sofas don't mix. Maybe when Kayla gets a little older.
She is getting more settled. But she did try to dig a hole in the wall a
few days ago when I locked her out of the computer room.

Jo