Old July 23rd 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Cat snack AKA Hummingbirds

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I have three feeders - one each at a window. I go through about two
gallons of nectar a week. They are located up high (I have to use a
ladder to change them) and I have never had an ant problem. My two
cats don't pay any attention to the hummers even though they (the
hummers) are constantly buzzing around the feeders. Bees have not been
a problem either.

Both of our feeders are up high. Hanging by nylon rope from eye bolts and
tied off on the wall with small cleats. So I can lower the to take the
feeder down for cleaning and refill, then haul them back up and tie them
off.

No ant problem here either, unless we get a feeder that leaks and then the
ants go crazy with the sticky spots on the ground.

Jo