Old May 24th 04, 01:05 AM
Cheryl

tonks dumped this in
on 23 May 2004:

Last year, I had to reschedule his
neutering twice b/c I didn't get him into the carrier on first try for
two days running. After each attempt, he ran and hid under the deepest
darkest furniture and there was no way to get him out.

Until now, I've never had a problem getting a cat into a carrier (not that
they went in willingly, mind you).

The trick is to get them into a room where there is nowhere to hide. If
your kitty likes to play, you could lure him with a feather toy into a
room, maybe the bathroom. The trick is to not let on that you're trying to
catch him. Have a pair of heavy gloves in there already if you can't
handle them without being scratched all to hell.

--
Cheryl