Old August 11th 03, 12:31 AM
Jette Goldie

"Jill McQuown" wrote
This is funny! I was showing a woman at work in a catalog this adorable
little statuette of a kitten sipping out of a teacup when suddenly she
jumped and grabbed her side. I said, "Are you okay?" I'd turned the page
corner down and she spotted a photo of a snake-lamp and just about jumped
out of her chair! She said, "Oh, it's that snake." Oh! Even a picture of
one makes her react like that.

My mother was the same.

With me, it's palmetto bugs. They are like huge flying cockroaches,

common
to the Southern U.S. I once spotted one crawling across the tile floor
while I was in the bathtub. I jumped up, leaped over it and ran naked to
the kitchen to grab a can of bug spray. Then I chased it all around the
bathroom with the spray, chanting "die, die, die!" That would have made a
hilarious video!

Never actually met a palmetto bug - or even a cockroach - in
RL - but I sincerely desire NOT to - EVER. Earwigs are bad
enough.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/