Old November 19th 04, 03:01 AM
Yoj

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
It will be painful for me to fall out with her, but I cannot

tolerate a
racist and bigot. She thinks she is right, and I think I am right.

Racism and bigotry are never right. Never. They have always been used

as
an excuse to opress the minority (and sometimes even a weak majority)

by
those in power.
I just told Tom that if his sister and her husband voted for the
anti-gay ammendment in their state's election, then they are not

welcome
in our house. I'm sorry, but if you find my relationship so repugnant,
that you would vote to inscribe discrimination in your state's
constitution, then I do not want to welcome you into my house.
As an aside, the bible has been used throughout history to justify and
defend many horrible things, from the crusades to slavery in the US

and
the oppresion of women.

--
Victor Martinez

It's really had to have such bigotry in your own family, or its
equivalent. You're right about the Bible. It can be, and has been,
used to prove and/or justify just about everything. :-(
Joy