Old October 22nd 04, 06:06 PM
Linda Terrell

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Smith) wrote:

- We just had our 5 month old kitten spayed. I know she was a bit young,
- but she had already gone into heat and she was leaving wonderful
- bloody-mucous puddles here and there (first time I've seen that with a
- cat). She was away for two days and our one year old male cat (we have
- four all told), who was her best buddy prior to the spay now hisses at
- her and bats at her very aggressively. Is this behavior due to the
- spay, due to the two day absence, or simply due to the fact that
- Frankie (the male) is a wierd cat?
-
- Thanks for any input.
-
- Paul Smith

Most likely because she doesn't smell like she did when she left.

My cats used to freak out when I brought my poodle back
from the groomer. They didn't recognize the smell.

LT