Old July 22nd 08, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default WHAT HAVE I DONE? :(

Candace wrote:

Whoa, as an "outsider," who mostly posts on rpchb (which I know many
of you find disgusting, annoying, and offensive but which is actually
just plain boring right now), this thread has a definite old rpchb
feel to it. I have to say that to say what you said in your first
paragraph is pretty harsh and if someone really does have emotional
problems (and I'm not going to judge that--at least not publicly), it
seems pretty cruel to say what you did.

Worse than calling her a drama queen?

And what is so bad about saying someone has emotional problems? If
I said that so-and-so had cancer, or diabetes or some other serious
physical problem, would that be considered harsh? It's only harsh
if you think that emotional problems are an indication of something
bad about the person. I don't blame her for it, or think that she is
less worthy of respect or compassion than anyone else. But I think
that if you read her posts, you can see that she has a lot of mood
swings, strong, painful emotions, and does a lot of impulsive things.
So I'm not pointing anything out that most of us have not already seen.

The point of my post was simply that I don't think Kyla is deliberately
being a drama-queen. I think that she's going through a lot and it
sounds to me like it's pretty overwhelming. Why is saying that an insult
to a person? I'm just asking people to cut her some slack because I
don't see how she's hurting anyone. And if she's not hurting anyone,
then there's no legitimate reason for anyone to object to what she does.

--
Joyce ^..^