Old September 16th 04, 06:05 AM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:59:16 +0300, Marina wrote:

Bev wrote:

Jo, She refuses to use a litter box. There is one just near the
carpet. I have tossed her into litter boxes and she often uses them
then but won't get in one herself.

Could the sides of the box be too high for her liking?

Start from the first: Place her in the litter box -- take a paw and show
her how to scratch - then press her down into a sitting position. It may
take a few tries (if she is a slow learner) but it just might convey the
thought that this is what you want her to do. I did this with my two
strays the first time -- they were fast learners. MLB