Old May 27th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
cybercat

Default Adopting cats and kittens, was Pet euthanasia at home (license or permit required?)

"Ivor Jones" wrote

At the Cats Protection Adoption Centre where I volunteer, we had a mother
and three newborn kittens handed in the other day. They'd been found in
the street and the kittens were less than a day old, the mum was scared
out of her wits, it was a miracle they survived at all, but survive they
did and mum & babies are now doing well :-)

They won't be with us long, it's kitten season and they go as fast as they
come in..! I do wish more people would look at the oldies, though. They
too have so much love to give.

Oh, I know they do. The reason I have not looked at senior cats
when I went to adopt is because when a cat I love dies, I just about
die too. I realize that youth is no guarantee that a cat will live a long
time,
but this is why I have always adopted young adults. Maybe I can change
my thinking to be less selfish. I am glad you brought this up.