Old July 1st 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Default Kitten has brown stuff coming from eye.

"lucy707 via CatKB.com" u23450@uwe wrote in message
Stacey Weinberger wrote:
why haven't you seen a vet?

i'm taking her in to get her shots soon, so i'll ask about it then.
thanks!

Sometimes "soon" isn't soon enough. This sounds like a serious problem.
If
you had a child with brown oozing out of its eye would you wait?

Stacey

Haha well first of all I'm fifteen, so I don't plan on having a kid
anytime
soon. When any of us kids gets sick, we usually wait it out for a day or
two
to see how we feel before going to to the doctor. Plus, a cat Second of
all,
don't try to act like I don't care about this cat. I promised that I would
take care of her myself. Just because I can't really pay to go to the vet
at
random moments doesn't mean I don't care. I'm working for the money. Yes I
am
concerned about my kitten's well-being. However, she's still eating and
drinking and she's extremely playful. I plan on taking her to the vet next
week (as in a few days). And I will ask my mother to look at her eye,
because
she has a lot of experience with cats. If she is concerned about it, we
will
take her on Monday. I've never had a cat, and I didn't come here to get
"scolded" from pretentious cat owners. I came here for advice. So instead
of
trying to accuse me of being irresponsible why don't you try to give me
some
pointers?

I'm sure you do care for your kitty but kittens are so fragile and you
really don't want to mess around with eye problems. Depending on what the
problem is, an animal can end up blind without proper treatment. Short of
blindness, some eye problems are excruciatingly painful. It shouldn't be
that expensive--maybe an office visit and some drops or ointment depending
on what they find. I'm glad she's acting playful and eating well.

Good luck with your kitten, Bonnie