Old October 18th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Food translation?

sorry just have to disagree, it is good but to me best means variety and
that to me in the NO area is definitely lacking, to me the best food in the
country is by far served at my mother's house, second to that, any mid range
restaurant in Chicago with a twenty page menu is definitely a better deal
for me, but food is YMMV, Lee
wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 18, 11:19 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

One day I'm going to *have* to do a culinary tour of the USA,
although no matter what, I am *not* sucking the yellow muck out of
crawdad heads!.

Then be *sure* to go through New Orleans - best cooking in the US
(and, I think, even better than French cooking since we have the
spicy "Cajun" cuisine thrown in). But you don't know what you're
missing if you refuse to suck the heads! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yowie

Sorry, Lori. Dated a Cajun for 8 years and New Orleans food way

overrated.
They put more hot than taste into it. (I do love boudin, though.)

On the French side the beignets are nice. But then again so are my

Scottish
grandmothers' scones served with clotted cream.

So sorry about Hurricane Katrina. But the be all, end all of cooking is

not
Lousiana.

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Dating a Cajun is *NOT* the same as fine dining in New Orleans.

I can't believe anyone would disagree that it is the best dining in
the US. Have any of you ever been to Arnaud's or Brennan's or
Antoine's or Broussard's? These are rated by food critics as the top
restaurants in the country! And any mom and pop restaurant there can
serve better food than most "five star" restaurants anywhere else!

Hugs,

CatNipped