Old June 2nd 12, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The Queen'

"MLB" wrote in message
How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets? Does
she have any? Wondering. MLB

We are having a street party outside our houses tomorrow. Just a few
immediate neighbours. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for rain so
we'll be putting a gazebo up to keep the food dry! It will be a buffet
type spread - I've just got back from getting some baguettes and rolls and
four different salad mixes and I also made a big curry this afternoon.
If the rain is really bad, we'll just have to rush out and get a plate of
food and stand just inside our open front doors to eat it!
As well as the corgis and horses Judith already told you about, the Queen
also has Labradors and a loft of racing pigeons. She is very fond of pets.
Not sure if she has any cats though.

Lots of TV programmes on showing old cine films taken by the Royal family of
themselves in ordinary family situations.

This is only the 2nd time in British history that a monarch has had a
Diamond Jubilee, the first one was Queen Victoria.

Here's taste of what is hapening in the capital

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/News...es/DG_WP200687

Tweed

Tweed