Old September 18th 04, 07:38 AM
Adam Helberg

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:QoN2d.46818$OZ6.8633@okepread06...
A woman in this story due to the floodwaters caused by Hurricane Ivan actually let
her cat's cage (yes with the cat inside) go so she could survive. This is horrible.
It just goes to show you that some people care more about themselves in a crisis
situation. Her response about the whole situation of letting her cat go was the
following:

""All of these material things I'm thinking about floating down the river don't
mean a hill of beans," she said. "I do miss my kitty, though."

I find it disgusting that there are plenty of people like this who take such a
passive view. I can only picture with sadness as this cat is meowing and meowing as
he/she floats (or probably went under the water causing the cat to drown) down the
floodwaters while the human waves goodbye. My only hope is that this woman does not
get another cat.

You can read the entire story here.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=519&ncid=716

I don't think it's fair for you to make judgements on people in crisis situations in
which their life was at stake, when you're sitting safely by your computer. And as
others have pointed out it would have served no one if all had drowned.

Adam