Old November 12th 03, 01:27 AM
Ted Davis

On 11 Nov 2003 18:53:41 GMT, (Star2350) wrote:

Hello,

I am in a desperate situation here, so if anyone can offer any help, I would
appreciate it.

snip

You are not being aggressive enough. Contact rescue services, vets,
etc. to find out the names and phone numbers of people who have
already taken in inordinate numbers of cats - then badger them until
one agrees to take your cats. In return, you will be obligated to
take in homeless cats to excess when your situation improves, and you
might even promise to do that to help persuade someone.

I have done this once - only once, and in a time of desperation (I got
the name and address from the city police of the nearby city). Of my
thirteen cats, one was chosen, five were culls, two were strays
rescued by friends and dumped on me, two were dumped kittens
advertised on a local web board, one was a stray I rescued directly,
one was a dump rescued and then given up years later because of moving
and unable to take, and one was either a stray or a dump with the same
story but only a few months delay. That makes an even dozen rescued
cats. I think I have repaid the 'cat lady' I badgered into taking one
I had rescued but couldn't keep (I paid his vet bills though). I've
taken in and placed a number of others too. If you lived around here,
I could probably be persuaded to take yours too - there has to be
somebody like me in that near you.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)