Old April 23rd 05, 04:16 AM
Philip

"Cat Protector". IF you are addressing me (Philip), there is NOTHING I
have posted that suggests I have any intentions of becoming a breeder. So
my "logic" is intact and doing well, thank you very much.

Regarding the remainder of your response, I have owned cats for most of my
70 yrs and all but the most recent tabby (aged 14) lived into their late
teens. So please reframe from making assumptions to fit your convenient
preconceptions. Thank you.

With SO MANY candidates for adoption available, we can and should be
selective. And considering the limitations imposed by a single family
detached home, my wife and I can accomodate one or possibly two new indoor
cats. We are NOT about to start operating a cattery to suit a political
cause.

Cat Protector wrote:
So seeing cats in a shelter depresses you which is why you are going
to a breeder? Does anyone else find something wrong with this logic?
Right now shelters are filling up with felines that new homes and
need to be adopted into good and loving homes more than ever. It is a
shame that you can't open up your heart to a feline that is looking
for a special human to give them that castle they have been hoping
for.
As for the surrendering of animals, it bothers me that some humans
will think of every excuse in the book to turn in or dump an animal
to a shelter such as they're moving, new baby and any of the other
week reasons to return a cat to the shelter. If you are looking for
an easy responsibility with cats and not wanting to do much care,
maybe you shouldn't be adopting here. A cat is not a novelty item nor
are they to be tossed out later when the human simply grows tired of
them. Having a cat is a life long commitment not a short term one. I
think maybe you really need to rethink things here before adopting a
cat.

www.panthertekit.com
"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Have been doing all you suggest. Tours of two local animal shelters
is heart wrenching and yet ... we have to live with what we choose.
I saw too many cats curled up in their own (clean) litter boxes with
that look of resignation on their faces of this being "the end." Not
dignified at all. I did see one young Abby that had been "Owner
Surrendered." Very nice looking cat until I read why the cat was
surrendered. I not a therapist for an hostile feline with a list of
"issues." Cat Protector wrote:
From what I know about Bengals they are not only energetic cats but
also very needy as well. They need to have their human around on a
constant basis and can be rather a handful and somewhat difficult to
discipline. They kind of remind me of the Japanese Bobtail
temperment wise. I have a Bobtail and he is a handful but also is
very sweet at times. Of course Icarus also wants to be the dominant
cat as well. I really suggest people read up on breeds before
getting one. BTW, why don't you adopt a cat from the shelter? So many
cats are
needing good homes right now due to cat and kitten season.

www.panthertekit.com
"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Has anyone here owned a good Bengal or ... even a Bengal mix? I've
met some
Bengals at Jean Mills cattery in Covina (CA) and was taken by the
handsome markings and their highly active nature. But I'd like to
hear from those who have lived with one (or more) about their
personalities ... specifically
where box training and daily temperment are concerned as a house
only cat. Thanks.