Old June 9th 05, 12:42 AM
animzmirot

Default Question regarding catnip vs catmint

We've got a huge catmint plant in the garden. Ringo likes to lay down in it,
and fall fast asleep. He definately feels that this is HIS plant and if any
cat goes wandering through our yard (we have several acres of lawn very far
from any street, but we do have neighbors with cats) he can't wait to chase
them away so he can then lay back down in the catmint.

What I want to know is, is catmint the same thing as catnip, which I know is
also in the mint family? Catmint smells and tastes like mint, but it looks
like catnip. What's the difference?