Old February 11th 16, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Took Her Toy Away

On 2/10/2016 11:02 PM, dgk wrote:
I'm in southern Florida now and we certainly have lizards. And frogs,
poisonous according to my neighbors. Don't let your dogs (or cats) try
to eat those frogs.

But I love the little lizards, and the big ones as well, but mostly
those little guys are all over the place. Once in a while one gets in
the house and the cats enjoy the company although I try to round them
up and get them back outside.

I had a five-lined skink in the house last year.

http://srelherp.uga.edu/lizards/eumfas.htm

I wondered why the heck Buffy was suddenly so facinated by that box of
music CD's. What the heck are you fussing about? I moved the box to
see and oh! It's a lizard!

It was comical. Buffy and I worked in tandem, she went one way, I went
the other, trying to corner that lizard. She wanted a cat toy, I just
wanted to put it outside. Neither one of us could catch it. It got
away from us and ran into the bedroom. No idea what happened after that.

I don't think it died in the house. I likely would have smelled
something that died in the bedroom. They are larger than the small
anole lizards.

So, relating to the poisonous frogs... everyone tells me skinks are
poisonous. No, they aren't. They won't bite you, either. But I still
don't want them inside my house.

Jill