Old September 19th 04, 03:04 PM
Victor Martinez

Thanks for asking! Mom got home yesterday and she is doing great. She
couldn't wait to get home and didn't want to listen to my two sisters in
Mexico City who insisted she should stay longer and avoid traveling this
weekend (Sept 16 is Mexico's Independence Day, so a bunch of people took
a long weekend, which means lost of drunks out there on the roads). My
mom is the kind of person who makes up her own mind though, so she
bought a bus ticket (she felt she would be more comfortable in a first
class bus than in a car, they have seats like those in first class on an
airplane). Anyhow, my sister Veronica drove her to the bus station, got
down with her and bought a ticket too! She accompanied my mom home, ate
lunch and then went back to Mexico City. Eight hours in a bus, which
according to my mom was completely unnecessary since she is doing
peachy.
They take the stitches out tomorrow, which is hard to believe. She says
she will start walking a little bit in the morning, and slowly restart
her excercise regime, which includes brisk walking, weight exercises,
and tai-chi. I think my mom is going to be around for a while, like her
aunt Ernestina, who is 84 years old and works full-time as a University
professor, researcher, and psichiatrist (sp?) in a prison. She is one
amazing character...

Thanks again for your concern, my mom is very touched that so many
people from so many places were thinking about her. She sends her best
regards and thanks.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he