Old June 8th 04, 03:56 PM
Nicholas

Yes, there is - declawing removes a cats ability to fight and climb, and
leaves it at the mercy of other animals, which is why its rightly illegial.

My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
listened and it ended up missing

I wonder if you had anything to do with it...

"J. Marz" wrote in message
om...
"David Wright" wrote in message
Hello,

My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught
him
scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been
decent
enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!

My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a
domestic
tom, aged 2 years.

Thanks,
D.

My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
declawing.

James Marz

Born in lust, turn to dust.
Born in sin? come on in! - Stephen King