Old December 27th 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default "Saginawian an advocate for abandoned pets" -

Kelly Greene wrote:

There would be a lot less abandoned and abused pets if everyone forced
their states to enforce the laws. One law that should be passed is the
requirement that everyone other than professional breeders have their pets
spayed and neutered. But then would that prohibit the poor from even
finding an affordable cat or dog?

Many shelters and vets do neutering very cheaply, sometimes for free,
at least for certain periods of time. I remember getting Roxy spayed
during a spay-neuter drive in my local area, where you could pay $20
to a participating vet and get your pet spayed/neutered. The normal
fee at my particular vet was $140. That amount especially galled me
because I had the option of bringing her back to the shelter to have
her spayed for free (she had a cold the day I adopted her, so they
gave me a voucher to come back when she was better), but the shelter
was 50 miles away and I didn't want to subject her to such a long car
drive.

Anyway, long story short, there are ways to get around the high fees
for spaying and neutering. Anyway, if the government were enacting a
law that all pets had to be neutered, then they had better make
provisions so that everyone can comply!

Joyce

--
If At First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Isn't For You