Old July 15th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default OT We have a saying...

"Marina" wrote in message
Marina wrote:

The rescue operation included my middle sister, who had my key

and went to rummage in my stuff to find the modem, and my eldest
sister, whose holidays started today and who brought the modem to
the island when she arrived today.

It sounds like you will certainly not be aging alone - you've got
sisters
coming along and helping you out!

There is that, yes. I'm very grateful for my sisters, and my
brother, too. I can always count on them.

Oh, and the cats are loving to be on the island again. Caliban

got himself too high up a tree the other day, but he eventually
figured out how to get down again. He and Mir are slowly making
friends with Emil, Mir's biological brother.

That's new, isn't it? Hasn't he had conflict with Emil in past
years?

Not so much conflict as... how to put it. They've more sort of
ignored each other. Neither one is aggressive enough to take the
initiative for playing or making friends. Mir, OTOH, sneaks up on
Emil, swats him, and then runs away, obviously hoping to be chased.
Unfortunately, Emil doesn't get it. The boys have hissed a bit
half-heartedly at each other a few times. Then they touch noses, and
walk off in different directions. It's kind of funny. They're both
such amiable fellows. One of them needs to be a bit more aggressive,
for them to develop a friendship.

My niece has already taken lots of pictures. But you'll have to wait
til she's back in town and has the use of broadband to upload them.

Cats can sometimes be too subtle in their play, even for each other.

We caught Jake at his new past time a few evenings ago. I'd guess he
would call it dog fishing. He sprawls on one arm of the sofa with one
sharp tipped paw hanging over. It is right next to a fairly narrow
walkway in and out of the family room. And the perfect spot to reach
out and snag Kayla when no one is paying attention. Having been
snagged a few times, Kayla is reluctant to leave the room.

Jo