Old April 8th 05, 08:59 PM
kaeli

In article .com,
enlightened us with...
Thanks both - no, it's definitely not a urine infection or crystals -
the vet has checked for both.

Also, she's not declawed. My personal view is that is no way to treat
a cat except under the most extreme of medical circumstances.

Good for you!
Always glad to hear that.

The point about the automatic box is an interesting one though. I had
assumed the 12 min delay would be enough for her not to associate the
noise and motion with her use of the box. You may well be onto
something. I have a regular box (for travelling) and may set that up
nearby and see if she expresses a preference or it helps with the
noise.

From my point of view - it's fine, she's perfectly happy and my

neighbours are patient ! But I am curious from a behavioural point of
view.

Are you from the UK?

Does your cat go potty outside at all?
Perhaps she has to "talk" outside to make sure she isn't bothered or
surprised and it has developed into a habit?
Still kind of thinking out loud (or in type, as the case may be), here...

~kaeli~
Never argue with an idiot! People may not be able to tell
you apart.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace