Old July 11th 04, 09:03 PM
frlpwr

formerly known as 'cat arranger' wrote:

What's the best humane cat trap. The
haveaharts seem to have too strong a
spring and no second door to help release
feral cats. Thanks

I have always used Tomahawk traps, 2-door deluxe models. However, I
purchased five new traps in May and was sorely disappointed in the
quality. Two of the backdoor clips have already broken, the new locking
device is very hard to manipulate, especially with greasy catfood hands,
one trap was so bent in shipping the frontdoor wouldn't open and the
frontdoor of another one was misaligned and would catch-up on the side
of the trap.

Next time, I'm ordering the large Tru-Catch traps. I have two older
models. They are roomier, making them good for recovery and cheaper,
too. The self-locking backdoor does not inspire confidence and it is a
little more cumbersome than the Tomahawks when it comes to transfering
cats from dirty traps to clean, but I easily rigged up a back-up clip
for security and, with a little more care during transfers, the backdoor
has not been a problem...so far.