Old July 26th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

Default Update on Tiger

schreef in bericht
Nanny wrote:

I've just come home from Tigers appointment with the vet. He hasn't lost
much fluid yet, but the vet could feel everything a bit more, and at the
moment is seems like he has a tumor in or next to his bowels, or
something
to do with leukemia (I doubt the leukemia, as his bloodwork was good).
He
got another injection and pills for the next days to try to get rid of
more
fluid and has to be back at the vet Monday night to see what the vet can
feel then. He's already very skinny, but I never noticed it because the
rest
was swelling up :-(
The vet was honest and told me what I had already expected to hear, that
it's no or little use to operate. And I don't want to ruin the little
bit
that's left of his life with making him sick from an operation, so all
I'd
like to ask from people here is that they send purrs to make him feel as
well as possible under the circumstances.

I'm so sorry. I was really hoping for better news. This must be a
big shock - it seems like you weren't expecting anything this major to
be wrong with him until just yesterday.

Purrs for Tiger to be as comfortable as possible. It sounds like you've
made a very compassionate decision to help him feel better and enjoy
whatever time he has left, as much as he can.

--
Joyce ^..^

No, I certainly didn't expect this. Only when he had to stay at the vet all
yesterday afternoon I realized that this could be a lot worse than I
thought. If the vet gets the same result on Monday we can only start the
(log or short) wait to see how he gets through this, and hope that with him
I'll have the same wisdom to know when it's time that I had with most of my
other animals.

Nanny