Old May 11th 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Spicey's idea of laptime

On 5/11/2014 6:14 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Yesterday, Spicey hopped up on my office chair.

I thought that she was going to climb up on my lap to sniff my nose, or
look for treats on the desk, but instead, she just settled in next to me
and purred a soft purr.

We both just sat there for a while like buddies. I wondered what she was
doing just sitting there, and then I remembered that Suz said that Spicey
used to occasionally sit in the space next to her on her wheelchair.

Eventually, I picked Spicey up and plopped her on my lap. She meatloafed
there for a while, letting me enjoy her light weight and soft tummy, before
she hopped down and looked back up at me, regarding me quizzically.

Do you remember something, Spicey, or are you trying to remember?

I watched her turn and wander away to look for a sunbeam and a nap.

I think they remember more than people think they do. How nice you had
those moments with Spicey. I wish you many more!

Jill