Old July 22nd 04, 02:59 AM
Wendy

"jamie" wrote in message
Mimi Forsyth wrote:
Just clip the very sharp tip off. It's not necessary to clip near the

quick.

I agree, just trim the point off.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the occasional claw that looks
like it hasn't shed a layer for a while and appears thickened, and
not very pointy? Is there a way of coaxing the layer off that isn't
too uncomfortable to the kitty? I think he used to chew them off when
he was younger. The affected claws don't look like a fungal problem,
and I've read this happens more in older cats.

--
jamie )

I'll be interested in this answer. Tigger's vet called them her "old lady
claws" but had no suggestions what to do with them so I gather it's common
with older cats. She eventually sheds the outside layer but it takes
forever.