Old February 12th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default He's home was: HELP PLEASE: fever reducer for cats?

Candace wrote:

He's vomited several times, clear or yellow mucus, and a lot of it. I
called the vet. He said it wouldn't be from the tube. He can't think
what it could be unless I bring him in to be evaluated. I mentioned
euthanasia, I can't bear to see him suffering and retching. He said he
would do whatever I wanted, whenever, to call him anytime. I won't do
anything until tomorrow, I'll see how he does, maybe it will pass. The
vet is stumped as he didn't do anything like this while he was
hospitalized and, yet, it started about an hour after he got home.

I'm googling and I just can't find what the cause of vomiting mucus is.

I don't think I can give him his pills tonight, I guess I won't even
try and see what tomorrow brings.

I really think he may not be long for this world.

Candace

This is a long shot but I wonder if he has a linear foreign body -
string, thread or similar in his GI tract/intestines. It causes
vomiting mucous- often times colored. Might mention it to the vet.
Let us know how he does.

If you decide to euthanize him, don't beat yourself up because of lack
of money. There is a limit for most people and despite what some of
the assholes here have said in the past, that doesn't mean you love him
any less.

Hang in there,

-L.