Old February 12th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default HELP PLEASE: fever reducer for cats?

Patty Jo wrote:
Candace, I too am worried about the possibility of him having ingested
string or something. The only way to tell is to ex-ray those intestines
& see if they're balled up in there. If that were the case, that may
have cut through his intestines causing a massive infection. That's what
happened to my Becky & she also vomited yellow mucus. Unfortnately, not
realizing what was wrong soon enough too much damage was done & even
surgery couldn't save her. I hope that's not the case but it's well
worth checking.
Sending healing thoughts your way, Patty Jo.

They did x-rays but not with contrast of his abdomen. Would it show if
contrast wasn't used? Lyn? Why would he not have barfed at the vet in
the last week? Would the reglan IV have suppressed the urge?

I just assumed he didn't poop because he was so terrified. He is a
former feral and was very horrified the whole time at the vet, hiding
under his blankies whenever possible. He didn't pee for several days
either and they wound up cathing him to see if he was blocked. He
wasn't and then he peed normally after that...well, like once a day. I
think he was so scared there he just couldn't perform any bodily
functions. But I don't know about this mucus development...

Candace