Old March 18th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Whisker Jar

When the vet was looking at Jake this morning, he found a whisker that Jake
dropped. I said, "oh, they are good luck and took it and tucked it into my
wallet. First time he had heard that from anyone other than his daughter.
She has a collection too.

Jo

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
I was asked about my whisker jar recently. I keep cat whiskers because I
very rarely find them and consider it a good omen when I do. I seem to
remember that several of us here keep whiskers when we find them. When I
started this however, the question was what to keep them in. I live just
outside a village that supports tourists who visit Stone Mountain and one
of the stores sells pottery by local artists. One day while visiting I
found the perfect whisker jar. Someday it will be the perfect 'remains' jar
but fortunately that day hasn't arrived yet. I have two of these jars - one
tabby and one solid. Pictures of my whisker jars can be seen at:

http://tinyurl.com/pvx2u
http://tinyurl.com/qcjhe
http://tinyurl.com/prboy
http://tinyurl.com/qurar
http://tinyurl.com/pk2x9

This past fall I found the coolest christmas ornaments I've ever seen.
Even the ears on these cuties are glass. I actually managed to get three
of these to Australia without breaking them!

http://tinyurl.com/p8lt5
http://tinyurl.com/qbmef
http://tinyurl.com/ofmah

And since I'm sharing pictures of various cat art I want to show you what
DH gave me for Valentine's Day. He thought I'd like this much better than
flowers. He was right. I couldn't get a decent picture with it turned on
but when the bulb is lit the body is a soft pink.

http://tinyurl.com/qkqb5

Julie