Old May 18th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Found Stray Kittens: What to Do

We live out in the middle of nowhere in a trailer, and this trailer does
have "skirting" around most of it but there is an opening where animals
whatever could up underneath. We heard some crazy meowing tonight, crying
really, and found these stray kittens up underneath.

They are VERY young, probably about as long as my middle finger (I do have
pretty long fingers). They wouldn't eat the soft food we gave them. They
were meowing hysterically.

How can we take care of them? Is there a chance the mama cat may come back
looking for them and take care of them? Should we maybe feed them from an
eyedrop full of milk, or what?

Right now my inclination is to return them to the crawl space underneath the
trailer, but inside a box where they wouldn't get away loose but with the
top open to where the mother cat could get inside to retrive/feed them etc
if need be.

Tips?

LRH