Old February 29th 04, 01:08 PM
M.C. Mullen

| Your cat will get more cuddly as she gets older. That has been my
| experience with all my cats. Also, they want to be on you when it's
| cold out and off you when it's warm.
|
| Hope, I'm so glad that you said this! My cats have gotten much, much more
| affectionate as they've gotten older as well. I wanted to say that, but I
| didn't know if it was a *true* scenario (as in all cats get more loving as
| they age). I've just noticed it in my case. I think for both of mine,
and
| they're a year apart, it started happening at about age 5 or so. They are
| still extremely independent, but when they want on my lap, they WANT ON MY
| LAP! God forbid it if I have to get up and pee or something!

Oh, that's pleasant news! My cats are only around one and *very*
affectionate already.

The cat I had in my childhood was very tame, came when called but never
loved cuddles much. She lived more than twenty years. But there was this day
when this overdone lady came for coffee in a bright yellow dress. She made
it clear that she didn't like cats. What does pussy do? All black and
shedding badly at the time ... sit on lady's lap!! Lady's manners forbid to
complain, but I guess she had to get the dress dry cleaned - and - I don't
remember that she ever came for a visit again. Just a childhood memory and
some belated praise for my cat 'Nera' which I loved very much and was my
companion for many years.

Carola