Old December 18th 05, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Question - Cats and Eggnog

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:07:04 -0000, Mark Edwards
wrote:

I was just wondering - is non-alcoholic eggnog (specifically
Borden's) bad for cats? I just know that Little Feet will want to
sample a little when I open it.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Doesn't eggnog have *uncooked* eggs in it???

According to the US Dept. of Agriculture, you're not even supposed to
eat partially cooked eggs anymore, due to the Salmonella which is not
killed by partially cooked eggs (sunny side up,etc.).

I don't know what Salmonella would do to a cat, but it can make a human
very, very sick.