Old September 24th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default New outdoor kitty - seeking advice

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message
On Sep 24, 11:09 am, "Matthew"
wrote:
Ok sounds like a dumped cat. Zorin my advice take the cat to the vet
get it fixed if it is not get it shots the works. you can do two things
let the furball back out BAD IDEA IMO Second separate the furball
from the other one while you introduced it to a home life. If it does not
work out you can try and find a good home if the cat wants to be outside
no matter what at least it is protected from disease and wont add to a
over
populated feline population

That is what I'm thinking of doing. I want to at least get him fixd
and immunized; he is likely to live longer if he isn't getting into
fights, getting female strays pregnant, and so on.

Your cat how do you know it hates all other cats ???

Because I've tried introducing new kittens several times and it has
been complete fail. Lynxie gets VERY mean and growly, not only at the
other cats but also at me! I can't even pet him when he's in that
mood, he tries to slash and bite and basically isn't himself at all.
He NEVER growls at any other time.

I've determined that it's not worth losing the love and affection of
my own cat just to get another one. This isn't really very negotiable,
and is why bringing him in would be a very iffy situation. The layout
of the house makes it very difficult to separate them.

I have a cat named dumplin that lives on our Florida Room he is very
aggressive with other male cats neutered or not. He lives perfectly fine
back there with all the views my other cats are jealous. He is the same
way that you described. If I could I would have my back yard fenced off
with a topper and made predator free. I would love to let my cats be back
there but this is not an option for me right now

I h