Old October 1st 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default New outdoor kitty - seeking advice

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:09:09 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message
Good morning folks, it's been a while since I've posted here. Few
remember me I bet, but I got some much-needed advice back in 2002 when
Lynxie was a kitten and I was lost as a new cat owner. Thank you

Ok sounds like a dumped cat. Zorin my advice take the cat to the vet
get it fixed if it is not get it shots the works. you can do two things
let the furball back out BAD IDEA IMO Second separate the furball
from the other one while you introduced it to a home life. If it does not
work out you can try and find a good home if the cat wants to be outside
no matter what at least it is protected from disease and wont add to a over
populated feline population

I'm sort of in the same position. Two was my limit until one freezing
day when I took in Marlo. Now I've been feeding a black male cat that
I've named Scooter. He is also very friendly and has a family; a white
and grey mixed lady friend that one of my neighbors has named Pretty
Girl, and at least one all black kitten. Recently a grey (blue)
kitten, just beautiful, has shown up and it is apparently theirs as
well.

Mostly I just feed Scooter but sometimes other members of the family
show up and eat as well. They're actually getting a bit chunky since
I'm not the only one on the buffet trail. But Scooter camps out on my
front stoop much of the night. He started walking in yesterday when I
had the screen door open.

Espy hates him, and Nipsy often howls when he's spotted out the front
window. Marlo doesn't seem to care; she might be related.

But it's getting colder and there isn't much room out the front of the
house, but the back is fenced in for my cats and I can't let Scooter
live there.

Well, one of us (neighbors) is going to have to have Scooter Vetted
and I suppose it's going to be me. But I really don't have room in the
house for another cat - I can barely walk around now without tripping
over a furball. Going up or down the steps can be life threatening.
Having another one... Plus, I'm not going to do anything to make Espy
unhappy.

I was hoping I could maybe just set something up in the front of the
house for him. There's a little side area that might work. I was
thinking about a hooded litterbox type of thing or a big
Rubbermaid-type container. Tough call. I really REALLY don't need a
fourth cat.