Old May 30th 19, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Default New resident

On 27/05/2019 10:03 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
Helen wrote:
Ah, the newsgroup is still here! It's been a good while but I still
recognise a few names from years ago. Hope you're all well.

So a new kitten has adopted me, and what a start to his life here.
He showed up in my yard about 6 weeks ago now, There he was, waiting by
the back door when I got home from work, a little tabby boy, very skinny
and very shouty. I guessed about 6-7 months old. I fed him, which
stopped the shouting for a bit. He was still there the next morning, and
the day after, and soon he'd come running whenever I opened the door.

I took him to the vet to scan for a chip, checked the local lost and
founds but nothing. OK, it appears I have another cat now. I wasn't
going to let him in the cat enclosure until he was sterilised and
vaccinated; I booked him in with the vet for a snip and a chip the
following week.

The big day came around, but he wasn't there first thing in the morning.
I looked everywhere but couldn't find him. Had to call the vet and
postpone the appointment.

As it was my day off work, I kept looking for him during the day. It was
nearly lunchtime when he showed up, just about dragging himself along,
very floppy, unable to walk and hardly able to lift his head, although I
couldn't see any injuries. So I rushed him down to the vet, who found
fang marks in kitty's mouth – he had been bitten by a dugite, a venomous
snake. I hate to think what would have happened if I'd not been home to
find him.

The kitten spent 5 days in the vet hospital in the end, poor thing, but
survived thanks to their care, and he's been back home for about a month
now. He's still a bit limited in his mobility, but seems to be improving
by the day now.

So it's a welcome to Floki the kitten, who is now an indoor cat and
won't be playing with any more snakes.

Hi Helen, Welcome back.

Poor Floki. He chose well when he chose your doorstep. He sounds lovely!

Judith

Hi Judith
Yes, he's a real cutie, very purry and very cheeky. I'd almost forgotten
how amusing kittens were. No idea where he came from though.