Old August 25th 03, 02:36 PM
Gail

After a cat is stabilized on Tapazole, he/she should have a blood test every
6 months to check his thyroid level. My cat did need her Tapazole increased
one time. Please check with your vet.
Gail
wrote in message
Last summer my 13 year old cat, Sparky, began taking tapozole for
hyperthyroidism. Until a couple weeks ago he was doing fine. He had even
gained a pound or two,

Now he seems to be losing weight again. Appetite is about the same.
Is it ever necessary to increase the dose of tapozole? I wouldn't do
this unless the vet said to increase it, but I'm curious if anyone has
found it necessary to up the dosage?

Right now Sparky is taking 5 mg twice day.

JWR