Old August 25th 03, 04:40 PM
Cathy Friedmann

wrote in message
Last summer my 13 year old cat, Sparky, began taking tapozole for
hyperthyroidism. Until a couple weeks ago he was doing fine. He had even
gained a pound or two,

Now he seems to be losing weight again. Appetite is about the same.
Is it ever necessary to increase the dose of tapozole? I wouldn't do
this unless the vet said to increase it, but I'm curious if anyone has
found it necessary to up the dosage?

Right now Sparky is taking 5 mg twice day.

JWR

I suppose it's possible, although the adjusting of the dosage is more common
when it's first prescribed, to get it just right. In the meantime, Sparky
probably needs thyroid blood work to see where his levels are - if the
present dosage is doing its job. (Or perhaps it's upsetting his stomach, as
a side effect??) A vet appt.'s in order, at any rate, to get it
straightened out.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon