Old August 25th 03, 05:47 PM
MacCandace

Right now Sparky is taking 5 mg twice day.

JWR

My 17 year old cat has had his dosage increased but he is on a far lower dose
than your cat. Cory takes 1/2 a tab a day of Tapazole 5mg. He used to only
take 1/2 tab every other day and 1/4 tab the other days. I don't know what the
side effects of a higher dose would be but I do know that Tapazole does make
some cats sick. In my cat's case, he also has kidney disease so it is best for
him to still have a slightly high thyroid level in order to mask the kidney
disease. I would certainly talk to your vet and he may have some options for
you. I have heard that Tapazole also comes as a cream that can be rubbed into
their ears and then they can tolerate a higher dosage.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace